Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas Blessings



It is said that blessings come when you least expect them. I didn't expect this one.

It is Sunday. I hadn't checked the mailbox yesterday, so I looked inside today. It was chock full of cards and bills and Christmas junk mail. In the midst of all those envelopes was one from my college roommate. She had emailed me earlier this week asking for my address. She said she had something for me that she thought I would like.

That was an understatement.

Inside this particular envelope was a Christmas card beautifully drawn and colored by one Ethan Smith, one of her kindergarten students.


Inside was a note -- scrawled in pencil.


In all that I have lost, I have found unexpected kindness.  I'm honored to have a friend whose act of compassion connected me to this precious little boy. I will cherish his simple words of encouragement and his faith in things to come. God bless you, Ethan Smith. You blessed my heart. You are my Christmas miracle. 

Merry Christmas to each of us. God bless us every one.



No comments:

Post a Comment