Saturday, May 31, 2014

Oh the Joy

I had to leave a professional development meeting this week to change my cochlear implant battery. Those little low battery tones are often a nuisance, but sometimes they're a little like Ode to Joy -- like when you must leave a presentation you've had the pleasure of sitting through at least four times -- for a legitimate reason... I had left my batteries in my spare parts kit locked safely in my classroom.

Upon returning to the meeting, the low battery warning in my hearing aid went off, as well.

Joyful, joyful, we adore thee...

I had to leave the meeting again. I should learn to carry spare batteries with me at all times, but I'm appreciative that this day was not the day I had done so! The bliss of getting to change my second set of batteries was immense.

I will have to remember to ask my audi if she can change my low battery tone to Ode to Joy.

Oh the joy of being battery-powered.


No comments:

Post a Comment