Saturday, November 30, 2013

Blame It On Mom


It really is Mom's fault. She drummed it into my head. "Make sure you wear clean underwear when you leave the house -- just in case you're in an accident."

Depending upon how you look at it, she either ruined me or prepared me.

My fear of being in an accident and rendered unconscious and needing a paramedic and wearing torn or dirty undies is on my list of personal phobias. It warrants my need to warn potential caregivers of my medical needs should I be unable to tell them on my own. I wore a medic alert bracelet temporarily while taking blood thinners. Now I'll wear a forever bracelet telling of my cochlear implant and my desire not to have my brain fried by an MRI.

 A friend designed my very stylish and beautiful beaded bracelet. (No ugly ID bracelet for me!) I ordered a new medic alert charm online. The engraving on the back clearly states: Cochlear Implant. No MRI. 

Mom would be proud. It's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment